This is the story of when I faced death one time too many – and the story of where this blog began. In early 2011 I thought I had cancer – again. I had received an MRI as routine follow-up for my past kidney cancer…during which they also toss in a free check to see […]
I love my life. I don’t even know where to start telling you about why. But what I do know is that there was a little bit of guilt when I started to write this: “I love my life.” There’s a small voice that says I shouldn’t write that when so many others are unhappy. […]
How long have you thought about leaving YOUR J.O.B? I say “leaving” and not “quitting” because doing so really isn’t quitting at all. You are simply choosing something different. In any event, I have wanted to leave for so long. SO DAMN LONG. I love catching babies, and I love midwives, and I love my […]
Do you have a Box? I mean, THE box. The box that holds all those old pictures and love letters, cards, newspaper cutouts, plane ticket receipts, foreign money etc. Some would say Pandora’s Box;) I had one of those boxes. Today, I went through it and – gasp! – threw stuff out! Full On. It […]
It had been a long drive so far heading from Salt Lake City to Telluride, so we stopped at Arches National Park for a hike through the Devil’s Garden and managed to scramble on some gorgeous spires. Airy!
Last night I went for a full moon walk along Ashland Creek. It was gorgeous, with stars peeking out from under the feathered clouds. Then I sat on the swing and made my belly turn. I told my partner I appreciated his honesty and for not running away when things got uncomfortable. That was for […]
Today I’m going to add a bit of my Kick Ass Bucket List to this blog, especially because it is part of the February 30 Day Ziji Up! Challenge. I’m trying to come up with things to add that I MUST do before I die. I’ve often thought about these things and said I’d like to […]
Hey hey! Here I am. Starting Day 1 of this epic challenge, and I am a bit nervous – yet also super psyched! Today I lived full-on by getting this blog up. Taking on this challenge acknowledges – very publicly – that I believe it IS possible to have at least one moment, every day, […]
Join me as I commit to living full on, every day, for 365 days. For me, Full On™ 365 isn’t just about adventures like climbing, skiing, and traveling to remote places (although those stories will be here too!). It is also about the challenges and rewards of living authentically, life’s misadventures, heartaches, and everything in-between. […]
“Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?” ~ Mary Oliver
Sign up for the Urban Wellness Club!
Search for Posts Here
- Days 118 to 125 – F*#! Cancer June 4, 2012
- Badass on a Budget – Freedom Junkie Tips for How to Live a Life of Fun, Passion, and Freedom Without Going Broke May 11, 2012
- Days 358 to 365 – What One Freedom Junkie Manifested After a Year of Committing to Living Full-On February 2, 2013
- Why Do-Overs Kick Ass March 3, 2014
- Days 32, 33, and 34 – Leaving the JOB March 6, 2012
- Days 41, 42 and 43 Burning the Candle at Both Ends March 15, 2012
- Day 1 – Living Full On, Every Day, for a Year February 1, 2012
- Why Do-Overs Kick Ass March 3, 2014
- End Overwhelm. Slow is Sexy! February 13, 2014
- How to Slow Down and Chill Out January 20, 2014
- Check out the Urban Wellness Club – starting February 2014! January 6, 2014
- 12 Essential Freedom Junkie Questions to Review Your Year and Learn How to Make 2014 Your Best Year Yet! December 3, 2013
- How to Forgive Mean People and Finally Let Go November 17, 2013
- Big Risks and the Courage to be Authentic October 29, 2013
- Ana Verzone (Neff): You're exactly right, Deb! Having that talk first...
- Ana Verzone (Neff): Exactly, Christen. I had to really force myself to...
- Ana Verzone (Neff): Thank Karen!...
- Deborah: yes! Morning routine. I seemed to have forgotten a...
- christen: "Regrets are brutal. They are energy vampires." ...
- Karen Yankovich: So so true! I'm a fairly positive person (almos...
- Ana Verzone (Neff): Awesome;) I would like to offer the idea of commit...