“A ship is safe in harbor, but that’s not what ships are built for.” ~ William Shedd One of the classic stages of the Hero’s Journey is the Call to Adventure, where a person stops living an average life, the separation from society and life as you know it begins, and shit starts to get […]
We have to dare to be ourselves, however frightening or strange that self may prove to be. ~ May Sarton What could be riskier than diving out of an airplane or climbing a glacier-covered peak or accelerating a race car into a curve at the Indy 500? A lot, actually. For one person it might […]
“When you fast, the Light will illuminate you and spread on earth.” ~ Mahatma Gandhi “Everyone has a doctor in him or her; we just have to help it in its work. The natural healing force within each of us is the greatest force in getting well. Our food should be our medicine. Our medicine […]
This is the story of when I faced death one time too many – and the story of where this blog began. In early 2011 I thought I had cancer – again. I had received an MRI as routine follow-up for my past kidney cancer…during which they also toss in a free check to see […]
Wow…coming back from Africa hasn’t been easy. We got back, I worked in Oregon catching babies and visited with friends and family over the holidays, then we came back to Alaska and were here all of one week before leaving to go work in a village out in the bush. I also managed to launch […]
This moving away from comfort and security, this stepping out into what is unknown, uncharted and shaky – that’s called liberation” ~ Pema Chodron You should know that I have always qualified adventure as being a very personal word. My definition of adventure doesn’t have to be yours. But to give you an idea of […]
In essence, I crave it. I long for it. I yearn for the days of my childhood when I would have a question, or merely a thought, and I could hold it in my being for hours, uninterrupted. Remember those days? Hmmm…I wonder if my dog can read my mind, or if she could save […]
OK Fuck Cancer. I am SO over it. Sometimes I want to yell at it and chew it out and get pissy at it and smack it in the face. And kick it. Then I get scared it will get mad at me and kill me. Then I also see it for what it is. […]
Last night I got home from an awesome biz conference in the gorgeous town of Asheville, North Carolina (there are fireflies! FIREFLIES! little tinkerbells!). I had an very cool time at our “Come As You Are In 2017″ party. I pretended that my vest was of camel fur that I found in Mongolia, and that […]
Badass on a Budget – Freedom Junkie Tips for How to Live a Life of Fun, Passion, and Freedom Without Going Broke
I’ve traveled a LOT. I’ve filled two passports in my lifetime so far (I’m 38), and one even had extra pages, which I’m really proud of;) In fact, the first passport I filled was when I was making less than $14,000 a year. It might have even been less than $11,000 a year but I’d […]
Sign up for the Urban Wellness Club!
Search for Posts Here
- Days 118 to 125 – F*#! Cancer June 4, 2012
- Badass on a Budget – Freedom Junkie Tips for How to Live a Life of Fun, Passion, and Freedom Without Going Broke May 11, 2012
- Why Do-Overs Kick Ass March 3, 2014
- Days 358 to 365 – What One Freedom Junkie Manifested After a Year of Committing to Living Full-On February 2, 2013
- Days 32, 33, and 34 – Leaving the JOB March 6, 2012
- Days 17 and 18 – I Almost Picked a Fight in Lingerie But Didn’t February 19, 2012
- Days 41, 42 and 43 Burning the Candle at Both Ends March 15, 2012
- Do You Feel a Call to Adventure? March 9, 2014
- Why Do-Overs Kick Ass March 3, 2014
- End Overwhelm. Slow is Sexy! February 13, 2014
- How to Slow Down and Chill Out January 20, 2014
- Check out the Urban Wellness Club – starting February 2014! January 6, 2014
- 12 Essential Freedom Junkie Questions to Review Your Year and Learn How to Make 2014 Your Best Year Yet! December 3, 2013
- How to Forgive Mean People and Finally Let Go November 17, 2013
- Ana Verzone (Neff): You're so welcome, Lisa! My husband and I leave A...
- Ana Verzone (Neff): Brenda that is awesome! You're right - consistenc...
- Lisa Van Ahn: Thanks for this awesome post Ana! Every winter ...
- Brenda Tolentino: I've bee trying to start my day with exercise , b...
- Ana Verzone (Neff): You're exactly right, Deb! Having that talk first...
- Ana Verzone (Neff): Exactly, Christen. I had to really force myself to...
- Ana Verzone (Neff): Thank Karen!...