That’s right – it’s official, and not just what your mother kept telling you when you wanted to hang out with the bad boys: who you hang out with matters, and studies have shown that your success will be equal to the average of the five people you spend the most time with. Crazy! This [...]
“I think all these little brown dots on the ground are…some kind of poo,” I suggest. Well, according to Thai’s imitation, I actually sounded like a grandma inspecting her kitchen for dirt with a white glove. “YOU have a look then!” I say to him. He gets down on his knees with my headlamp and [...]
This moving away from comfort and security, this stepping out into what is unknown, uncharted and shaky – that’s called liberation” ~ Pema Chodron You should know that I have always qualified adventure as being a very personal word. My definition of adventure doesn’t have to be yours. But to give you an idea of [...]
I like my hands now. I didn’t always used to. They were never long and dainty like the models’ hands that I saw in dishsoap ads growing up. They weren’t sinewy and powerful like the climber chicks’ I spent years hanging out with, either. They were…hands. Didn’t hide ‘em. Didn’t flash ‘em. Didn’t think they [...]
“Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.”~ Howard Thurman First of all, this article assumes you would leave your job because it sucks. It sucks for YOU. This does not apply to kick-ass jobs, of [...]
“The more joy you have, the more perfect you are.” ~ Spinoza Last night I couldn’t sleep. I started to worry about getting cancer again. Why? Probably because everything is going so well. And when things go really well, sometimes I worry about something really bad happening. And for many people, the worse thing they [...]
OK Fuck Cancer. I am SO over it. Sometimes I want to yell at it and chew it out and get pissy at it and smack it in the face. And kick it. Then I get scared it will get mad at me and kill me. Then I also see it for what it is. [...]
I went mountain biking in Moab for the first time. Ever. I can’t believe I waited that long! Perhaps it was because mountain biking scares the shit out of me. Yes I know…I climb mountains and travel to exotic places and miss kidnappings in Africa by a few hours yada yada but we ALL have [...]
Last night I got home from an awesome biz conference in the gorgeous town of Asheville, North Carolina (there are fireflies! FIREFLIES! little tinkerbells!). I had an very cool time at our “Come As You Are In 2017″ party. I pretended that my vest was of camel fur that I found in Mongolia, and that [...]
Well dog my cats! I went pack rafting today and didn’t shit my pants! I have this thing with drowning…and the way I tend to address my fears is dive straight into them. Inevitably they seem far less freaky than what my mind was making up. Buuuuut with whitewater kayaking or pack rafting, it feels [...]
Events: Spring Superfoods Cleanse Starts April 8th!
Search for Posts Here
- Days 118 to 125 – F*#! Cancer June 4, 2012
- Badass on a Budget – How to Live a Life of Fun, Passion, and Freedom Without Going Broke May 11, 2012
- Days 358 to 365 – What I Manifested After a Year of Committing to Living Full-On February 2, 2013
- Days 32, 33, and 34 – Leaving the JOB March 6, 2012
- Day 1 – Living Full On, Every Day, for a Year February 1, 2012
- Days 252 to 260 I Love My Life! October 17, 2012
- Days 41, 42 and 43 Burning the Candle at Both Ends March 15, 2012
- How To Bounce Back: Developing Emotional Resilience May 18, 2013
- The #1 Requirement for Manifesting Your Dreams – Learn to Feel Good First May 7, 2013
- How To Feel Better When Your Partner Won’t Do What You Ask April 27, 2013
- It’s Hard to Say Goodbye – Identity Shifts and Ego April 10, 2013
- I Am a Pee Stick Addict March 30, 2013
- Top 10 Reasons to Do a Spring Cleanse March 5, 2013
- Stop Feeling Regret For The Mistakes You Made Before You Took Off Your Shit-Colored Glasses February 21, 2013
- How To Bounce Back: Developing Emotional Resilience | Freedom Junkie: [...] is a lot of what I teach in my Ziji Up! Mas...
- Ana Neff: Wow, Aileen! I am so glad you found this post! It ...
- Aileen: This really hits home. I am making decisions about...
- Ana Neff: EXACTLY, Deb! That's the case with anything that ...
- Deb Dorchak: Excellent post, Anna. One great epiphany for me wa...
- Ana Neff: I had no idea, Bryce! Thanks for the beta - I am s...
- Ana Neff: Thank you, Andy! Here's to a spunky free life for...