A lot of people ask me how to create resolutions that last because they’re frustrated that they find themselves stuck in the same place year after year with certain goals – even with having the best of intentions and setting achievable goals that seem totally doable in the moment. Goals they really really want! Some [...]
“I think all these little brown dots on the ground are…some kind of poo,” I suggest. Well, according to Thai’s imitation, I actually sounded like a grandma inspecting her kitchen for dirt with a white glove. “YOU have a look then!” I say to him. He gets down on his knees with my headlamp and [...]
“Excuse me, could you please ask him not to point the gun at my husband while we’re driving?” I asked, thinking of the numerous – and massive – potholes we were about to hit. I was referring to the Congolese rebel in the back of our truck. Our friend translated. “No problem!” replied the rebel [...]
I love my life. I don’t even know where to start telling you about why. But what I do know is that there was a little bit of guilt when I started to write this: “I love my life.” There’s a small voice that says I shouldn’t write that when so many others are unhappy. [...]
This has been my birthday month, and I have just turned 39 awesome years old! For the 5 weeks after my birthday and before my boyfriend’s, it appears I am robbing the cradle – or maybe just borrowing from the cradle – when he says he is 37, which sounds like 2 years younger, hee [...]
Arrrgh!!!! I am going to share an embarrassing story. To make the history of this embarrassing story short, I’ll let you know in brief that my partner and I are madly in love, I am utterly at peace and feel safe with him, we have crazy adventures, laugh hysterically, meditate, do yoga together, build things, [...]
“Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.”~ Howard Thurman First of all, this article assumes you would leave your job because it sucks. It sucks for YOU. This does not apply to kick-ass jobs, of [...]
I thought I could dance. At least freestyle. But then I met my boyfriend’s almost 90-year-old grandma (aka Nana). We went to a wedding in Vermont, and it was also a good reason for me to meet Nana since she wanted to suss me out after learning that Thai and I were “serious.” She was [...]
I spent the past week getting things settled in the yurt, helping Thai build the bath house, potting pretty flowers, cooking for friends; doing yoga in the summer Alaskan sun and for some reason, nesting. I had no desire to hit the rivers or do anything more ambitious than an evening hike. Something in me [...]
“Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?” ~ Marie Oliver Running errands, working late, losing sleep, making annoying phone calls and being put on hold, not working out again because you got home too late, not seeing your friends for a few weeks because you’ve got [...]
Events: Spring Superfoods Cleanse Starts April 8th!
Search for Posts Here
- Days 118 to 125 – F*#! Cancer June 4, 2012
- Badass on a Budget – How to Live a Life of Fun, Passion, and Freedom Without Going Broke May 11, 2012
- Days 358 to 365 – What I Manifested After a Year of Committing to Living Full-On February 2, 2013
- Days 32, 33, and 34 – Leaving the JOB March 6, 2012
- Day 1 – Living Full On, Every Day, for a Year February 1, 2012
- Days 252 to 260 I Love My Life! October 17, 2012
- Days 41, 42 and 43 Burning the Candle at Both Ends March 15, 2012
- How To Bounce Back: Developing Emotional Resilience May 18, 2013
- The #1 Requirement for Manifesting Your Dreams – Learn to Feel Good First May 7, 2013
- How To Feel Better When Your Partner Won’t Do What You Ask April 27, 2013
- It’s Hard to Say Goodbye – Identity Shifts and Ego April 10, 2013
- I Am a Pee Stick Addict March 30, 2013
- Top 10 Reasons to Do a Spring Cleanse March 5, 2013
- Stop Feeling Regret For The Mistakes You Made Before You Took Off Your Shit-Colored Glasses February 21, 2013
- How To Bounce Back: Developing Emotional Resilience | Freedom Junkie: [...] is a lot of what I teach in my Ziji Up! Mas...
- Ana Neff: Wow, Aileen! I am so glad you found this post! It ...
- Aileen: This really hits home. I am making decisions about...
- Ana Neff: EXACTLY, Deb! That's the case with anything that ...
- Deb Dorchak: Excellent post, Anna. One great epiphany for me wa...
- Ana Neff: I had no idea, Bryce! Thanks for the beta - I am s...
- Ana Neff: Thank you, Andy! Here's to a spunky free life for...