“L’arte di non fare niente” As you practice saying the Italian phrase above with the accompanying hand gestures and exaggerated accent (hmmm maybe it’s just me who does that with Italian…), know that it means, “The art of doing nothing.” You might say, “Sure, I know how to do nothing!” We all “know” how to [...]
ziji (zē’jē) n. 1. radiant inner confidence I’m writing this sitting on a plane ride from North Carolina en route to Ashland via San Francisco. Sitting next to me is Fred, a Texan hydrogeologist. He tells me a story. It starts with a dream. Back in the day as a single man, he promised himself [...]
Those of us who strive to live Wild Awake often tend to have a lot going on at any given moment–if not outwardly, at least in our heads. There are just so many bright shiny objects seemingly screaming for our attention. And they all seem so important, FUN, urgent, exciting, or fleeting. There’s family and [...]
I was just climbing in Yosemite. The towering granite always manages to make me–and my problems–feel oh so small. I love it! This story is not new to any climber, but I just have to share about why I am tingling from my days in the mountains. I was lie-backing a crack on a new [...]
Complaining: Do you find yourself complaining a lot these days, or know someone who does? Enter: CHOICE
“Who you are, what you are, and where your life is going are all choices”~Joseph Luciani It can often be easy to fall into the mindset that life happens to us, and when we experience life from this point of view, we often fall into the pattern of complaining when things aren’t how we’d [...]
As you may or may not know, I have a history of cancer (twice! and all clear for several years now), and I probably think about living fully, death, dying and such more than the average person. I got a pretty clear message the other day, and thought I had to share. I get annual [...]
I’d been driving over the Siskiyou Pass towards San Francisco in my trusty 2008 Subaru Outback when I decided to christen her with the name “Rocinante.” I hadn’t been inspired by a name until that drive. However, on this day, as I saw the volcanic valleys stretched before me and Mount Shasta boldly standing her [...]
I like thinking about the happy places…the special moments in the mountains when the light is just right, mountains towering above (or below!), perfect silence pervading, and feeling strong and centered and surrounded by beauty, like everything was perfect and I knew it; The crazy moments being taken up in the ocean’s swell on a [...]
The Vitamin D fix…it is amazing what a little bit of sun can do for the soul. I went to the Big island of Hawaii and then to Kauai a few weeks ago. We had a surreal time kayaking with dolphins in Kaelakekua Bay, snorkeling in crystal-clear waters with our kayaks tethered to our waists [...]
“If you’re interested, you’ll do what’s convenient. If you’re committed, you’ll do whatever it takes.” – John Assara This quote is about taking action and it has inspired me to do whatever it takes to continue to create a life in which I am fulfilled and feel balance. I was supposed to be going to [...]
Events: Spring Superfoods Cleanse Starts April 8th!
Search for Posts Here
- Days 118 to 125 – F*#! Cancer June 4, 2012
- Badass on a Budget – How to Live a Life of Fun, Passion, and Freedom Without Going Broke May 11, 2012
- Days 358 to 365 – What I Manifested After a Year of Committing to Living Full-On February 2, 2013
- Days 32, 33, and 34 – Leaving the JOB March 6, 2012
- Day 1 – Living Full On, Every Day, for a Year February 1, 2012
- Days 252 to 260 I Love My Life! October 17, 2012
- Days 41, 42 and 43 Burning the Candle at Both Ends March 15, 2012
- How To Bounce Back: Developing Emotional Resilience May 18, 2013
- The #1 Requirement for Manifesting Your Dreams – Learn to Feel Good First May 7, 2013
- How To Feel Better When Your Partner Won’t Do What You Ask April 27, 2013
- It’s Hard to Say Goodbye – Identity Shifts and Ego April 10, 2013
- I Am a Pee Stick Addict March 30, 2013
- Top 10 Reasons to Do a Spring Cleanse March 5, 2013
- Stop Feeling Regret For The Mistakes You Made Before You Took Off Your Shit-Colored Glasses February 21, 2013
- How To Bounce Back: Developing Emotional Resilience | Freedom Junkie: [...] is a lot of what I teach in my Ziji Up! Mas...
- Ana Neff: Wow, Aileen! I am so glad you found this post! It ...
- Aileen: This really hits home. I am making decisions about...
- Ana Neff: EXACTLY, Deb! That's the case with anything that ...
- Deb Dorchak: Excellent post, Anna. One great epiphany for me wa...
- Ana Neff: I had no idea, Bryce! Thanks for the beta - I am s...
- Ana Neff: Thank you, Andy! Here's to a spunky free life for...