“Stop the glorification of busy” ~ Anonymous viral internet quote (ironically) Let’s get this straight – you can kick ass, rock your life, have big adventures, AND know how to take it slow, savoring every moment. In fact, if you haven’t figured it out yet, you’re going to need to learn, or else you’ll burn […]
Archive | Life Design, Career and EntrepreneurshipRSS feed for this section
“In winter we lead a more inward life. Our hearts are warm and cheery, like cottages under drifts.” ~ Henry David Thoreau “In the depth of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer.” ~ Albert Camus When I was studying Five Element Acupuncture, one of our assignments was to walk about […]
12 Essential Freedom Junkie Questions to Review Your Year and Learn How to Make 2014 Your Best Year Yet!
A lot of people ask me how to create resolutions that last because they’re frustrated that they find themselves stuck in the same place year after year with certain goals – even with having the best of intentions and setting achievable goals that seem totally doable in the moment. Goals they really really want! Some […]
You know when people are about to turn 30, or 40 (or 50 for that matter), and they say, “This year, I want to be in the best shape of my life!”? I know I said it when I was turning 30… What is that about, anyway? It seems like many people with that goal […]
“What is a weed? A plant whose virtues have never been discovered” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson I’ve turned 40 this year, and so far it has been the best year of my life! I don’t want to take any of my past years for granted, and while I thought I’d write some deep manifesto about […]
The secret of your future is hidden in your daily routine. ~ Mike Murdock If you’ve been reading my previous blog posts, you may know that when I returned from over two months in Africa this past winter, I felt – well – gross. I felt soft and squishy, low-energy, bloated, stopped up, and quite […]
Have you been working on your mindset, following all the things you’ve learned about Law of Attraction, doing “the work,” and still not seeing your dreams manifest? You’re not alone. One client recently said to me, “I don’t understand WHY this isn’t manifesting yet! I am doing all the right things! I do visualizations, I […]
“Does this mean I am boring? I am ‘normal’ – ugggh. I don’t feel very interesting. I don’t feel inspiring…” These are the things my crazy gremlin voice was saying to me as I was packing my belongings. You see, I’ve been living in a yurt in Alaska, and it has been AWESOME! It is […]
I had no idea there was a term for this funny thing I have developed about obsessively taking pregnancy tests. But after taking three today, I had to wonder if there was something a little off. I am almost 40 and trying to get pregnant, after all, so in a way it makes sense. But […]
“When you fast, the Light will illuminate you and spread on earth.” ~ Mahatma Gandhi “Everyone has a doctor in him or her; we just have to help it in its work. The natural healing force within each of us is the greatest force in getting well. Our food should be our medicine. Our medicine […]
Sign up for the Urban Wellness Club!
Search for Posts Here
- Days 118 to 125 – F*#! Cancer June 4, 2012
- Badass on a Budget – Freedom Junkie Tips for How to Live a Life of Fun, Passion, and Freedom Without Going Broke May 11, 2012
- Why Do-Overs Kick Ass March 3, 2014
- Days 358 to 365 – What One Freedom Junkie Manifested After a Year of Committing to Living Full-On February 2, 2013
- Days 32, 33, and 34 – Leaving the JOB March 6, 2012
- Days 17 and 18 – I Almost Picked a Fight in Lingerie But Didn’t February 19, 2012
- Days 41, 42 and 43 Burning the Candle at Both Ends March 15, 2012
- Do You Feel a Call to Adventure? March 9, 2014
- Why Do-Overs Kick Ass March 3, 2014
- End Overwhelm. Slow is Sexy! February 13, 2014
- How to Slow Down and Chill Out January 20, 2014
- Check out the Urban Wellness Club – starting February 2014! January 6, 2014
- 12 Essential Freedom Junkie Questions to Review Your Year and Learn How to Make 2014 Your Best Year Yet! December 3, 2013
- How to Forgive Mean People and Finally Let Go November 17, 2013
- Ana Verzone (Neff): You're so welcome, Lisa! My husband and I leave A...
- Ana Verzone (Neff): Brenda that is awesome! You're right - consistenc...
- Lisa Van Ahn: Thanks for this awesome post Ana! Every winter ...
- Brenda Tolentino: I've bee trying to start my day with exercise , b...
- Ana Verzone (Neff): You're exactly right, Deb! Having that talk first...
- Ana Verzone (Neff): Exactly, Christen. I had to really force myself to...
- Ana Verzone (Neff): Thank Karen!...