This is the story of when I faced death one time too many – and the story of where this blog began. In early 2011 I thought I had cancer – again. I had received an MRI as routine follow-up for my past kidney cancer…during which they also toss in a free check to see […]
Archive | Full-On 365RSS feed for this section
Wow…coming back from Africa hasn’t been easy. We got back, I worked in Oregon catching babies and visited with friends and family over the holidays, then we came back to Alaska and were here all of one week before leaving to go work in a village out in the bush. I also managed to launch […]
The way other people respond to you tells you way more about what it is like to be them, about what it is like to be living their life – and has very little to do with you. Sorry mom. This Christmas I was preparing to toast the love of my life at dinner. I […]
“I think all these little brown dots on the ground are…some kind of poo,” I suggest. Well, according to Thai’s imitation, I actually sounded like a grandma inspecting her kitchen for dirt with a white glove. “YOU have a look then!” I say to him. He gets down on his knees with my headlamp and […]
“Excuse me, could you please ask him not to point the gun at my husband while we’re driving?” I asked, thinking of the numerous – and massive – potholes we were about to hit. I was referring to the Congolese rebel in the back of our truck. Our friend translated. “No problem!” replied the rebel […]
What is “selfish wisdom?” In using that term, I interpreted the Dalai Lama as meaning that if people really wanted to be happy, they would be totally selfish…and totally selfish in his world means you would be TOTALLY COMPASSIONATE. He calls this “selfish wisdom” because when you do what’s best for others, you are happier. […]
I love my life. I don’t even know where to start telling you about why. But what I do know is that there was a little bit of guilt when I started to write this: “I love my life.” There’s a small voice that says I shouldn’t write that when so many others are unhappy. […]
It has been longer than usual since my last entry, and most of that is because my mom came all the way up to Alaska and slept in a red shack and smiled the whole time – and I owed her my full attention;) During this time, I have been in awe at how much […]
I like my hands now. I didn’t always used to. They were never long and dainty like the models’ hands that I saw in dishsoap ads growing up. They weren’t sinewy and powerful like the climber chicks’ I spent years hanging out with, either. They were…hands. Didn’t hide ‘em. Didn’t flash ‘em. Didn’t think they […]
Hey now, I need you to read something, because when I read it myself for the first time, I thought, “Holy shizzle. I freakin’ KNEW it!” : “You are the owner of a remarkable, multi-talented brain trying to do its work in a world that doesn’t understand who you are and doesn’t know why you […]
Search for Posts Here
- Days 118 to 125 – F*#! Cancer June 4, 2012
- Badass on a Budget – Freedom Junkie Tips for How to Live a Life of Fun, Passion, and Freedom Without Going Broke May 11, 2012
- Days 358 to 365 – What One Freedom Junkie Manifested After a Year of Committing to Living Full-On February 2, 2013
- Days 32, 33, and 34 – Leaving the JOB March 6, 2012
- Day 1 – Living Full On, Every Day, for a Year February 1, 2012
- Days 252 to 260 I Love My Life! October 17, 2012
- Days 41, 42 and 43 Burning the Candle at Both Ends March 15, 2012
- How to Forgive Mean People and Finally Let Go November 17, 2013
- Big Risks and the Courage to be Authentic October 29, 2013
- 12 Things More Important Than Being in the Best Shape of Your Life September 10, 2013
- Life Lessons From the Garden August 31, 2013
- Pain is Inevitable. Suffering is Optional. Here is How to Unlock Your Freedom July 25, 2013
- A Simple Scientific Fact That Will Unlock Your Happiness and Possibilities July 9, 2013
- How to Make Sure You Don’t EVER Have The Top 5 Regrets of the Dying June 25, 2013
- Ana Verzone (Neff): Hey there, Tiffany! YES! You are exactly right! I ...
- Ana Verzone (Neff): Michelle! For some reason this comment didn't sho...
- Ana Verzone (Neff): Laura, thank you so much! From what I know about y...
- 12 Things More Important that Being in the Best Shape of Your Life | Freedom Junkie ®: […] FREE Shizzle […]...
- Michelle Pier: Just wonderful. Thank you....
- Laura Fragiacomo: I can so hear you - I wanna be free too! :) Love y...
- tiffany: I use to do this all the time. I went to Hawaii wi...